6 month Ode to Li'l Foot!!!
Happy 6 month birthday Li'l Foot!!! Today you turn 6 months and wow, this last 1/2 a year has flown. You have given me so much (i.e. diaper blow outs, regurgitated milk spa treatments, stink face when I don't whip out my boob fast enough) I mean, joy, happiness, love, cuddles, snorgels (those are my favorite). You've cooed at me. You've sung along to the music I make you listen to. You've proven bath time to be my favorite time of day since day one. You've amazed me in every way. Each week you do something new. Whether it be lifting your head off my chest when they first put you there after being born, or smiling at me when we first brought you home. You burp like a champion and if they had a competition for baby burps, you'd win hands down. From the week of your 4 month appointment when on a whim I stood you up nex tto the tub and to my surprise you stayed standing up to that very same week peeing on the potty and then if that weren't enough, you pooped on the potty a week later (and for her next trick). And then not to long after those incidents, on Memorial Day you decided you'd roll over. It happened only once that day but in the days to follow you forced us to pay a little more attention each and every day. Still, we were so excited. We were those proud parents. We sing your praises because we love you, not because we're the bragging parents. I am so proud to be your mom, and daddy is such an awesome daddy, I don't know what I'd do without him. And really, I don't know what you'd do without him. Someday, someday you two will dance at your wedding to the tune of "My Little Girl" and "I Saw Her First" and I will weep like a little school girl. I will sob uncontrollably because I know how much effort your dad put into being "your dad", and for that I am also proud of him. I can only imagine what you two do during the day. We'll leave it at that. But so help me if you someday seek Dr. Phil or Judge Judy as your mentor, I'll have to kick daddy's little Irish ass!!!
Most recently in the last month, you've accomplished some great feats. You've been sitting really well...okay so you wobble and keel over, but for the most part until you get excited or reach for something just out of your reach, you sit really well. You also are turning over every which way and scooting around everywhere and even have a disappearing act you do at daycare with the tunnel that drives the teachers crazy. You've just started drinking water out of a cup with a straw and you're really diggin the cereal and fruits we're giving you now. You love your books and can't wait for me to turn the next page. You've had a lot of fun at Aunty Pocklock's house. You've gone exploring the animals at Stew Leonard's, you've gone to lunch with her friend, you've played on the swingsets (with me too) and you love the swings, and you've even gone on the adventure to the mall with Aunty, but we won't talk about that excursion because it makes Aunty twitch really bad!!! Someday she'll tell you all about it.
Today you round the corner to your 1st Birthday. You are my life Li'l Foot. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. Each day I see something in your eyes, something in the way you smile at me that says, "I know momma, I know!!! I know you love me and I love you back!!!" It's that unconditional love that I wish I could bottle and take with me throughout the coming years and sprinkle on your head so that you never lose your innocent trust in me. As grandma says, I should only be as wonderful as you think I am!!!
Li'l Foot, I can't imagine my life without you in it. Besides your dad, I have something to come home to at night (okay the dog and the cat too, but they're just not that important where you and daddy are concerned). I bully my way through to the front of the line to get off the train just a few seconds sooner, I may even run that yellow light because it wasn't quite red yet, just to be home to you sooner. I can't wait to walk through that door each night and see your little face light up at the sight of me. Daddy says, "the boobs walk through the door and I (daddy) doesn't even exist anymore!!!" Thank you Li'l Foot for being such a little ray of sunshine in our lives. You have been such a blessing these past 6 months. I love you Li'l Foot!

4 Comments:
I did not cry when I read this because I did as I was told and did not read this until Saturday when I did not cry.
*tear*
That is the sweetest thing ever.. Seriously, I can only hope I can be a mother like you someday... Actually, you should just raise my kids. :)
oh yeah, that last comment was by me, *~*moonshine*~*
I cried! Big, wet sloppy tears! Not good when I'm at work! :)
I miss you all so much!
And the fact that H2 and I had a fight this morning didn't help. But enuf about that.
She is so amazing. Wish I'd gotten some of that dust when C and V were babies, so I could sprinkle it on them now!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home