Where to start...the possibilities are endless...
Okay, chronologically is probably best...
Thursday...I went tot he Shakira concert with my friends and a good time was had by all. If I was a huge Shakira fan (which I'm not, but not because I don't want to be, just because I'm not)...I would have been bopping to every song she sang just like every other person of the some-odd-thousand-crowd. Wyclef opened for Shakira. Two things... The first is we were standing outside the Garden at the Verizon tent where they were making women "try" to shake their hips and body in a manner like Shakira...my opinion none of these other girls were made of rubber as apparently Shakira is, so none of them came close, but I must say, one of the girls I was with who unfortunately had originally been chosen to do the contest but at the last minute they "ran out of time" and she was cut from the lineup and we were forced to end on a note with a girl named "Veronica" and honestly, if I were Verizon I would've forced it for at least one more contestant to end on a better note. The girls were competing for the chance to win the new Verizon Chocolate phone. But once the contest was over the girl with our group decided to get up and dance there anyway just for the fun of it...one of those gotta get it out of my system thing...ya know!!!! And she rocked it more than any other had. The 2nd thing...we found our seats and by that time Wyclef was already on. We sat down and Wyclef started singing "No Woman, No Cry" and the baby started dancing and continued for about the next 1/2 hour and Wyclef sang on...and then...Shakira came on...and immediately the baby stopped dancing. Too funny, I was cracking up. As I said, if I was a fan of Shakira I probably would have been up dancing too, but I truly only knew 1 song Shakira sung the entire night...Note to self...I like going to concerts where I am sure to know more songs and be able to bop along. I also like songs in English that I can understand.
Friday...ULTRASOUND DAY!!!!! Yay!!! I worked for a 1/2 day. just before leaving I told my boss that I would be leaving shortly and what was going on for Saturday (the impeding "mandatory" BBQ at his house). It got concelled...woohoo...you have no idea how relieved I was that I wouldn't have to run all over creation on Saturday to be everywhere at one time. So I left work and then met mom and hubbie in the parking lot across from the hospital. The anticipation was killer, let me tell ya! We signed in and then had to wait for about an hour or so for my name to be called. When my name was called we were following the technician back to the room when it dawned on me that I should probably go pee...be right back!!! So on my way back to the room I cornered the technician and told her we DIDN'T want to know the gender of our li'l foot and be careful because mom will try her hardest to figure it out. So, mom had never been to an ultrasound before and it was so nice to share that moment with her. The technician did her thing and the baby again (this makes it twice in one week) was not the most cooperative!!! The baby was moving and had other ideas about how to spend that time. We saw the legs and they measured the length of the femur. We saw the hand in amazing detail...the little fingers are so long (and so cute) the abby definitely doesn't have my hands that's for sure. I have my father's hands, short, stubby fingers. We saw the little heart thump thump thumping away! The best part was everything was completely normal. The baby at that point weighed 15 ozs...Almost a whole pound!!!! Wow!!! It really is amazing! Because the baby wasn't so much for cooperation on Friday, the picture we got wasn't the greatest, but I LOVE IT all the same...(I'll post the pic tomorrow, it's giving me a hard time loading it)!!
After the ultrasound, we raced home, got hubbie ready for his softball game and snagged the dog so I could take him across the street from hubbie's softball game to the dog park. The dog park...not so much fun anymore. They've cut down trees because apparently a gas line runs underneath it and the gas company came and chopped the trees down. The doggie water fountain...doesn't work anymore. It used to be such a nice place, and now...not so much! But, hubbie won his softball game. it was a playoff game, so winning that put him in the championship games...which are tonight...tune in tomorrow for the results.
Saturday...hubbie had a meeting in the morning so I was to fend for myself. But I had things to accomplish so I couldn't fart around the whole time. I watched the 15,000th episode of Guiding Light from Thursday and gasp Guiding Light was pre-empted on Friday (probably because of tennis or something who knows, but Dr. Phil just doesn't cut it for me and is no replacement for a good juicy episode of Guiding Light. I showered, got dressed and almost made it out of the house by the requested time of hubbie...9 a.m...it was more like 9:05 a.m. Not bad! And off I went, where to first? I knew we'd need gas, so I descended upon the cheapest gas station in the area at a whopping $2.77 a gallon...$45.00 later...I made my way to the mall where I was so glad I left so early because NOTHING WAS OPEN YET! Except of course the Old Navy...which is exactly where I needed to go to get the gift card for my sister-in-law (for future purposes I'm stealing the abbreviation for sister-in-law from AK...from now on it will be SIL...thanks AK!). So I first browsed the maternity section only to find a section within that said "SALE - $1.99"...yeah right...whatever...we'll see when we get to the check out what was actually $1.99. It turned out only a bottom of a bathing suit bikini came close to said "$1.99" it was even cheaper at a whopping .97 cents...can't beat it so I bought it! I also bought a white maternity t-shirt that was really cute and although also on the "$1.99" rack was $5. I included the $40 gift card and off I went to my next venture...I had to find a card for said SIL. So off I went to the CVS...whereupon it dawned on me I have my friend's baby shower this upcoming weekend. I still needed the baby shower card for the gift, and tissue paper and a gift bag for her present...just in case she read this, I'm not telling you what it is. AlsoI am in charge of games. I created a baby shower bingo game card and I decided it would be nice to get some nice prizes. I began brain storming and decided I'd run through my idea with AK just to make sure it was ok. So I called and she sounded funny. She said she was watching Gilmore Girls and painting her toeselies. I ran through the idea, she said it was fine and we parted phone waves! So, off I was to my next stop. I was off to Yankee Candle where I picked up a little candle-ish something or other and then I was off to Bath & Body Works whereupon entering the store I was struck by the most beautiful smell which happened to be a scented oil burner which was currently burning the "warm vanilla coconut" scent...and while I would have loved to purchase it...I couldn't because they were sold out of it...WHY, WHY, WHY do they burn something they don't have in the first place and when I asked a sales associate about it, she said, "Well we have this nice coconut scent"! HELLO...did I ask for COCONUT???????? NO!!!!!!! So I found a little Sweet Pea scented gift basket type thing and off I went to the next place, which was the nail salon to buy the 3rd and final prize, a gift certificate for a manicure. Then, I made what I thought would be my final stop. Hubbie had made some fabulous mashed potatoes (I'm talking made from SCRATCH people!!!) but he complained that the potatoes were too lumpy so I pit stopped in Williams Sonoma where i found and purchased the potato ricer he was drooling over in the Williams Sonoma catalog last week (coincidentally the day after we had the mashed potatoes). And then...THEN...I had to walk out the front door...and it just so happens the front door is in the direct vicinity of TJ Cinnamons...and for those of you who are virgins to TJ Cinnamon, it is much like Cinnabon but A MILLION-TIMES-BETTER-THAN-THAT-CRAP! I just so happened to have enough cash left over and since the aroma of cinnamon was wafting through out that entire quadrant of the mall...the baby made me do it!!! Seriously! I ate a TJ Cinnamon bun of the walnut on top variety out in the parking lot by my car on the little grassy area next to my car and cars drove by and all I could think was..."Haven't you gawkers ever seen a pregnant woman eat a Cinnamon bun before...stop staring!!!" I was a little upset when I dropped a perfectly good walnut on the grass and had to resist the urge to pick it up and threw it under my tire instead. All i could think while i sat there indulging in such bliss was..."Ohhhh baby, you'll get you'll be feeling the effects of your first TJ Cinnamon roll in about a half hour!" Teehee!!!
So the mall excursion was done...but I wasn't...I drove down the road a piece to the maternity store and spent oh and good hour in there...at least! At first I picked up about 5 or 6 items that were on sale and a nice sales associate came over and asked if she could start a fitting room for me. Sure, why not! She relieved my weighted down arms and I continued to browse. Picking up odds and end as I went...and soon enough the sales associate was back, "Can I take those and add them to your dressing room for you?" Sure, why not! This went on about 2 more times and then I thought I better get in there because i had completely lost track of exactly HOW MUCH stuff was in there and I might be in there forever if I didn't quit. I didn't do so bad. Out of maybe 20-25 or so items, I bought about 7 of them and all but one was on sale. So i only paid full price for one item but it wasn't that expensive to begin with.
I was off one more time, only this time to home...and there's more to this story, but I have to leave for hubbie's softball championship now so this is
TO BE CONTINUED...
(Don't you hate when they do that on your favorite TV show and you wait an entire to week to see the outcome...me too, but tough...I have to go!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home